Monday, November 17, 2008

Parowan

So last weekend Steven and I decided to take a trip to my home town of Parowan since I am on call over all of the holidays this year. We got off to a late start because we decided to stop at Walmart to see if we could try and make a stereo and guess what it worked!!! I officially have the most GHETTO stereo on this planet we have a Ipod charger plugged into the cigarette lighter and then into the almighty Ipod and then bought some super sweet speakers that plug into the earphone jack on the Ipod... I realize that it is really lame, but can you imagine a 3 hour drive without music I sure can't... don't worry pictures are coming later!!!

After we got to my parents house we introduced Zoey to Polo (my parental puppy), at first they weren't quite sure what they thought of each other but after a few minutes they were good ol' pals... they played all weekend and when we brought Zoe home she went through Polo with drawls.

It was really great to visit all of my Family, we got to see my parents (duh we stayed with them). We also got to spend some time with my cousin Jana, she just got home form a mission so it has been a while. I absolutely LOVE Jana we were really close growing up and it was fabulous to spend some good quality time with her. We also went and saw my Grandma Jensen, she is such a funny lady, she has her quirks but I love her!!! We talked a lot about her upcoming surgery (Friday ahhh). She is getting her hip replaced, I have very mixed emotions about her operation, but I am trying to have faith that whatever the lord has in store for our family and for my Grandma is for the best. I am hoping for the best.... We also spent some time with my sister Lori and her four kids, I love them and it is had to not see them all the time, I almost feel like an older sister to Loris kids and not an aunt... So obliviously I was glad to spend some time with them...

All and all it was a great trip. I was really glad that even though I trip wasn't long we made the best of it!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

3 hours without music sounds terrible. Glad you could jam on the way down.

I missed seeing you yesterday.

Jes said...

I agree, a 3 hour drive without music would drive me nuts. I love you that 'put together' a stereo...you little inventor you, what is next?